In centenary year of DMA we were proud to celebrate the Doctor’s Day Programme at MAMC Auditorium with Chief Guest Hon. Law and Communication minister Shri Ravi Shanker Prasad Ji and Attorney General of India Shri Mukul Rohtagi Ji.
DMA Life Time Achievement Award, DMA Vishisht Chikitsha Ratan and Chikitsha Ratan Award were presented to eminent Doctors of Delhi. Following issues are raised:-
1. Doctors always working under trying and difficult situations to save human lives needs single window clearance for Health and Healthcare Centric Laws.
2. With the recent Judgments when the crores of Rupees had been given as compensation for so called medical negligence, This is high time that CPA against Medical Profession needed to be relooked whether it has served the purpose for which it was made We need to have an open debate vis-à-vis CPA which needs to be rationalized/scrapped. Medical councils needs to be given more powers to deal with such cases with a cap on compensation.
3. CEA by the previous UPA Government was passed in a Hurried Manner where the Doctor’s Clinics without beds were termed as Clinical establishment that law needed revision at the earliest.
4. QUID PRO QUO that means you need to pay something in return of a service. Here in DDA rules mandate every nursing home to /clinics in the residential area to pay conversion charges every year without being given any services in lieu of that as a license fees. That law again needs to be relooked.
5. As a Communication and Information Technology Minister telemedicine for accessible Healthcare in the remotest part of the country should be started.
I wish to congratulate all the awardees including Life time Achievement, DMA Vishisht Chikitsha Ratan and DMA Chikitsha Ratan Award.
Thanks & Regards
Dr. Anil Goyal
MBBS,MS, MCH (UROLOGY),DNB(UROLOGY)
President- DELHI MEDICAL ASSOCIATION DELHI
Treasurer-NORTH ZONE UROLOGICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA
Member & Chairman CME DELHI MEDICAL COUNCIL
President-MEN`S HEALTH SOCIETY DELHI
More Articles by Dr. Anil Goyal
Other Articles by Doctors on Panel
- Prof. (Dr.) Rajeev Sood Consultant Urologist and Andrologist Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Atul Gupta Senior Consultant Anaesthesiologist
- Dr. C.M.Bhagat Sr. Vice President, DMA 2014-15 Secretary, DMA NH & MEF
- Dr. S.K. Poddar DMA Hony. State Secretary
- Dr. Rakesh Taneja a a
- Dr. K.K. Aggarwal Sr. Vice President IMA Past President DMA (2005-06)